"The moral duty of the free writer is to begin his work at home: to be a critic of his own community, his own country, his own government, his own culture"~Edward Abbey

Monday, November 14, 2005

In preperation for the end of the week premiere of "Walk the Line" I have decidedto every day this week post the lyrics o a great Johnny Cash song.

today...

Ring of
is a burnin' thing,And it makes a fiery ring
Bound by wild desire --I fell into a ring of fire.
I fell into a burnin' ring of fire --I went down, down, down
And the flames went higher,And it burns, burn, burns,The ring of fir, the ring of fire.
The taste of love is sweet When hearts like ours meet.
I fell for you like a child --Oh, but the fire ran wild.
I fell into a burnin' ring of fire --I went down, down, down
And the flames went higher,And it burns, burn, burns,The ring of fir, the ring of fire.
I fell into a burnin' ring of fire --I went down, down, down,
And the flames went higher,And it burns, burn, burns,The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

forgive the poor job of delineating stanzas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home