"The moral duty of the free writer is to begin his work at home: to be a critic of his own community, his own country, his own government, his own culture"~Edward Abbey

Friday, October 14, 2005

The Woolworth Restaurant Review

Harrisburg is currently in the throes of an upswing in the downtown hospitality industry. Second street in Harrisburg is filled with different kinds of bar's and restaurants. As someone who is in favor of urban reinvestment my gut tells me to be in favor of this. I am forced to ask-who is benefitting? Most of the patrons tend to be west shore types: what about the owners and the employees?

In the interest of pursuing these questions my friend Ross has started a website:

www.woolworthreview.com

If you live in the area or are interested in finding out more about Harisburg's downtown life check it out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant site! I would suggest more commentary about the restaurants however rather than just thumbs up thumbs down. When I return I will certainly patronize one of your well-reviewed estabishments.

-Andrea

2:40 AM

 
Blogger Matt Lyke said...

Ross wants Wilson to write the reviews for him but hasn't really asked her yet

6:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home