"The moral duty of the free writer is to begin his work at home: to be a critic of his own community, his own country, his own government, his own culture"~Edward Abbey

Saturday, September 09, 2006

an unproductive ranting post to welcome myself back

I'm sorry but I just have trouble feeling bad for the people who supported the Iraq war who now feel betrayed because the US hasn't found WMD's and Iraq did not have tiies to Al Qaeda. I'm not the most well read or well educated person in the world and I knew that Saddam and Al Qaeda were at loggerheads, that there probably were no substabtial WMD stock piles in Iraq and, wait for it, Ahmad Chalibi and the Iraqi National Congress weren't to be trusted, because he was wanted for fraud in multiple countries for God sakes. How did I learn these super secret facts I read. I'm going to try to write more about democracy in the coming days specifically in response to Ross' latest post. But let me just say this we can't hold public leaders accountable if we uncritically accept what they say. I can here GWB now "I did not have diplomatic relations with that man...Mr Chalabi"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home